Is Audible Cheaper for Students? Audible Student Membership 2022
Is Audible really cheaper for students?
Well, the answer to this question is both Yes and No!
If you are a student studying in the United States and above the age of 16, then yes, Audible has a cheaper plan for you. But if you are studying in a different country, then probably you will have to find some other ways to save money on Audible.
Don’t worry, here’s an article with 27 amazing tips and tricks to save money on Audible. You can find many tricks that you can use to save big on Audible.
But if you qualify for Audible for Students Plan, then here’s everything you need to know.
Audible Student Membership Plan
Audible has an Exclusive Student Membership plan under which a college or a University student studying in the United States and above the age of 16, can get access to Audible membership at just $9.95 per month. Yes, a flat $5 off every month!
Not only that but, you also get a one-time $10 Amazon.com credit which you can use to purchase products on Amazon.
However, before you start Audible for Students plan, don’t forget to redeem these two special offers. (Both of these offers are explained in the article – 27 Money Saving Tips for Audible. I would highly recommend you to read all the tips in that article once. You will come across many mind-boggling tricks that you may not have even heard of!)
- Get 1 free audiobook and 2 free Audible Originals from Audible during your 30-day Audible Free Trial. If you directly start with student membership, then you may not be able to enjoy the free audiobook and Audible Originals.
- Get 50% off for three months. There is another simple trick to get 50% off on Audible membership for 3 months. So, you can get the membership at $7.49/month, which is cheaper than Audible’s Student Membership plan offered at $9.95/month.
After you have redeemed the above two offers, then go for the Audible Student Membership Plan. Even if you are already an Audible member, you can cancel your current membership and start your student membership plan anytime.
Steps to Activate Audible for Students Plan
Now, to activate your Audible Student Membership Plan, first, you must have a Unidays Membership. If you are a Student Studying in the United States and above the age of 16, getting this membership is pretty easy, and not to forget – it’s Free!
Besides the Audible membership discount, Unidays also gives you exclusive offers from many brands in Fashion, Health & Fitness, Tech, and so on.
All you need to have is a personal institution email address or a credit card style student ID issued directly by your institution. With that, you can register on Unidays Official Website.
Now, let’s see how you can activate your Audible Student Membership Plan.
If you are currently an Audible Member, then first you must cancel your membership.
1. To cancel your current membership, first, go to Audible’s Official Website and sign in. Click or hover over your name and from the menu choose Account Details.
2. In the membership details page, you will see the option to cancel your membership.
Please note that membership cancelation option is not available on Audible app. You will have to do it from the desktop site.
If you are on a mobile, just go to the official website and click on ‘Full Site’ at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to the desktop site. And then follow the above steps.
3. Now click on ‘Cancel Membership’. You will be asked to choose the reason for canceling your membership. Choose ‘Other reason’, with ‘UniDAYS’ written in the text box. And then cancel your membership.
5. You will land on Unidays’ Audible offer page as shown below.
6. Click on ‘Verify your Account‘ and then Log in to your Unidays Account to verify. If you haven’t registered on Unidays already, you can do that from here too.
7. Follow the instructions and verify. After your verification is complete Redeem your unique code provided by Unidays and start enjoying Audible at a discounted rate.
Here are some important points to bear in mind regarding this membership plan:
- This offer applies only to Audible Monthly Membership.
- You must be a verified United States student to avail this offer.
- Once you start this membership, it is valid for 12 months at $9.95/month.
- After the 12 months period ends, you need to verify your student status again to continue getting the discount. If you do not qualify or if you do not verify again, your membership will renew as standard Audible Gold Monthly Membership at $14.95/month.
- You can receive the discounted student rate for a maximum of 4 years and at the end of the fourth year your Audible membership will renew into a standard Audible Gold monthly membership
So, that was everything on starting Audible for Students plan. I hope this article was helpful. If you have any doubts regarding this membership plan, please share it in the comment section below. I would be glad to answer them as best as I can.