Amazon Prime Free Trial for Students 2022 (6 Months FREE)
Amazon offers a 6-month Amazon Prime free trial to all eligible students. After the free trial is over, Prime Student membership renews at 7.49/month or $69/year, whichever you choose. This price is about 50% less than the regular Prime membership.
In this article, you will learn about the eligibility criteria and the steps to get verified for the Amazon prime free trial for students in the United States.
So let’s dive in…
Benefits of Amazon Prime Free Trial for Students
As a Prime Student free trial member, you will enjoy all the benefits of a regular Prime student member. However, you may not be able to invite your Amazon Household members to share your Prime membership benefits (As available for regular Prime members).
Here are some of the key benefits of Prime Student:
- Free and Fast Prime Delivery
- Early Access to Lightning Deals
- College Deals & Exclusive Promotions
- Unlimited Video Streaming with Prime Video
- Unlimited Photo Storage
- Prime Reading
- Audible Channel for Prime
Click Here to know more about all Amazon Prime benefits in detail.
Prime Student Eligibility Criteria & Restrictions
To be eligible to sign up for and use Prime Student, you must
- Have an Amazon.com account.
- Be a college student actively enrolled in at least one course at a college geographically located in one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- Be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request and
- Have a valid e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .edu. If you are an eligible student and do not have a .edu email address, you can still qualify for the membership. (Explained in the verification process below)
- You can avail Prime Student for a maximum of 4 years and you will have to verify your Prime Student qualification every 12 months.
- If your verification documentation doesn’t meet the criteria set by Amazon, or if you choose not to verify your student status, you will automatically be upgraded to the Amazon Prime membership at the regular rate.
- If you have been renewed at the regular rate but submit documentation within 60 days to show you are still eligible for Prime Student, Amazon will refund the amount you were charged on your Prime renewal date or a prorated refund if benefits were used. At that time, you will be charged the discounted rate to continue your Prime Student membership. You will be re-enrolled in Amazon Student on the date your proof of enrollment was verified.
Click here to read the Prime Student Terms & Conditions.
How to get verified for Prime Student Free Trial?
To get started, visit ‘Join Prime Student Page’ on Amazon and follow the instructions there for your student verification. There are two ways by which you can get verified for Prime Student Membership:
- Verify your .edu email address: If you can verify your personal .edu email address, you will immediately qualify for Student Prime. You need not have an Amazon account with that email address. It can be verified separately.
- Using other documents: If you are an eligible student and do not have a .edu email address, you can still qualify for the membership. You just have to email your valid student proof to email@example.com
You can send a scan, photo or screenshot of any one of the following documents as proof to get verified for your Prime Student:
- Your student ID displaying the current term or an expiration date; just a student ID number is not valid
- Your transcript or class list for the current term with your name and your school’s name on it
- Your tuition bill for the current term with your name and your school’s name on it
- An official acceptance letter for the upcoming term (must include matriculation date)
After verifying your document, Amazon will send you a follow-up email within 3-5 business days with a link which you can use to complete your signup process without a .edu email address.
However, you must sign up for Prime Student within 14 days of receiving the follow-up email, or else you will need to contact Customer Service again to register.
So, that’s how you can get started with the free trial of Amazon Prime for students. I hope this article was helpful to you.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding Prime Student membership, please share it in the comment section below. I would be glad to answer them as best as I can.