Audible Silver Membership: What is it & How to Unlock it in 2022
Audible has a secret Silver Membership Plan. For some reasons, they do not advertise about it on their website. You won’t see it until you follow certain steps that trigger this offer to appear.
In this article, you will learn about Audible’s Silver Membership plan and the steps that you need to follow to activate it.
So let’s dive in…
About Audible Silver Membership Plan
Under Audible’s Silver Membership plan, you will get 1 credit on alternate months at a price of $14.98. Your billing will also be done on alternate months. That means you will be paying $14.98 for two months.
It is like canceling your subscription and restarting it every alternate month. However, if you cancel your Audible subscription entirely, you lose all the unused credits that you have on your account.
Besides, you don’t get any membership benefits during the canceled month. The good thing about the Silver Membership plan is that you still get to enjoy all the benefits of a premium Audible member. Here are the most notable ones:
- 30% discount on any purchase
- Audible daily deals notification.
- Access to Member-only sales
- You will also get 2 audible originals every month. That means you can get 4 Audible Originals for free during every two months membership term.
So if you don’t listen to audiobooks very often, then Audible Silver Membership plan will be better for you than the regular Audible Gold Monthly plan.
Did you know?
Audible also has another secret plan that costs only $9.95/year! At that price, it certainly has restricted benefits, but maybe it is something that might suit your requirement! Read more about Audible’s $9.95/year plan here.
How to activate Audible Silver Membership Plan?
If you are currently a Premium or Free Trial member at Audible, then you can activate this offer without contacting customer care. But if you aren’t, then you will have to contact Audible’s Customer Care. It might take some time, but you will surely get the offer.
For the current members, here’s the step-by-step process to activate Audible Silver Membership plan:
1. First, try canceling your membership (You don’t actually have to cancel your membership, just pretend that you want to cancel it).
Audible does not want to lose its customers. So, if you try to cancel your membership, Audible will try to lure you in with some great offers. The Silver Membership plan is one of those offers!
2. Go to Audible’s Official Website and sign in. Click or hover over your name and from the menu choose Account Details.
In the membership details page, you will see the option to cancel your membership as shown below.
Please note that membership cancelation option is not available on Audible app. You will have to do it from the desktop site.
If you are on a mobile, just go to the official website and click on ‘Full Site’ at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to the desktop site. And then follow the above steps.
4. Now click on ‘Cancel Membership’. You will be asked to choose the reason for canceling your membership. Choose ‘I don’t use it enough’ and then click ‘Continue Canceling’
5. Once you click on Continue Canceling, you will land on a page with two offers, one with the Silver membership offer and the other with an offer to Pause Your Membership as shown below.
6. Now click on ‘Switch Membership‘ and then accept the offer.
If for some reason you do not get the above options, you can contact Audible Customer Care, they will activate it for you.
So, that’s how you can unlock Audible’s secret Silver Membership Plan. I hope this article was helpful to you!
If you have any doubt or question regarding the method mentioned above, please share it in the comment section below. I would be glad to answer them as best as I can.