How to Pause Audible Membership? An Illustrated Guide 2019
If you are a regular Audible member, you might already be aware of how Audible subscription works. At the end of every subscription period, your account will automatically be charged for the new term.
But, what if you do not want to get charged for the next subscription period?
Should you cancel your membership?
Well, that may not always be the best option. If you cancel your membership, you will lose all your membership benefits along with any unused credits in your account.
Instead, you can place your membership on hold.
When your membership is on hold, you won’t be charged and your credits will remain unchanged until your membership is resumed. You will enjoy most of the Audible benefits even if your membership is on hold. It’s just that you won’t get any more credits and Audible originals during that period.
You can pause your membership for up to 3 months at a time. One way to do this is by contacting Audible customer care and asking them to do it for you.
However, in this article, you will learn how to pause audible membership without contacting customer care.
But before that, you should be aware of a few important things regarding this feature.
TWO IMPORTANT UPDATES (November, 2019)
Update 1 : Currently, Amazon is offering Audible membership at just $6.95/month instead of $14.95/month to new Audible members on first 3 months. This is a limited-time offer. Here’s the link to this offer page.
Update 2: Amazon is also offering 3 Free Audiobooks to new Audible members (Those who haven’t taken the free trial before) during the free trial. You will get 1 Audiobook of your choice and 2 from the Audible Originals! You can keep those books for lifetime, even if you cancel your trial membership!
Here’s the link to the free trial offer page!
4 things to know before you pause your Audible membership
1. Your Audible Membership can be placed on hold once every 12 months for a duration of up to 3 months. During this time you will not be billed your monthly membership fee.
Let’s say you put your membership on hold for two months beginning March 1st. When your membership restarts again on May 1st, you cannot place it on another hold for a full 12 months from that first resumed bill date, that is, May 1st.
2. As of now, you cannot pause your membership from the Audible app. You will have to do it from Audible’s Official Website.
3. Placing your membership on hold does not mean canceling your membership. If you cancel your Audible account, any unused credits associated with your account will be terminated with your membership.
4. If you do not have any credits left on your account, you may consider canceling your account if you are not really using it.
You can restart your subscription again whenever you want. You will not lose any earlier purchased audiobooks when you cancel your membership. Once you buy an audiobook, you can keep it forever!
You can save the pausing option for later when you will actually have credits in your account.
How to pause audible membership?
Here’s the step-by-step process to pause Audible membership:
1. First, try canceling your membership (You don’t actually have to cancel your membership, just pretend that you want to cancel it).
2. Go to Audible’s Official Website and sign in. Click or hover over your name and from the menu choose Account Details.
In the membership details page, you will see the option to cancel your membership as shown below.
Please note that membership cancelation option is not available on Audible app. You will have to do it from the desktop site.
If you are on a mobile, just go to the official website and click on ‘Full Site’ at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to the desktop site. And then follow the above steps.
4. Now click on ‘Cancel Membership’. You will be asked to choose the reason for canceling your membership. Choose ‘I don’t use it enough’ and then click ‘Continue Canceling’
5. Once you click on Continue Canceling, you will land on a page with two offers, one with the Audible Silver membership offer and the other with an offer to Pause Your Membership as shown below.
6. Now select your pausing period and then click on ‘Pause Membership’.
That’s it. Your membership will now be paused for a period of 30 days or 60 days or 90 days whichever you chose.
Please remember that you won’t be able to pause your membership again for the next 1 year even if you resume your membership immediately.
As you can see, this is a tested method to pause Audible membership. If for some reason, you do not get the above options, you can contact Audible Customer Care. They will activate it for you.
So, that’s how you can pause your Audible subscription without contacting customer care. I hope this article was helpful to you.
If you have any doubt or question regarding the method mentioned above, please share it in the comment section below. I would be glad to answer them as best as I can.