What Do You Get With Amazon Prime? Amazon Prime Benefits 2022
Amazon Prime is a paid membership service that provides its members with services and offers that wouldn’t be otherwise available. The regular membership costs $139/year or $14.99/month, whichever you choose. In both cases, you get to start with a 30-day free trial before committing to a paid membership.
So, what do you get with Amazon Prime?
In short, you get a wide range of benefits with Amazon Prime which includes fast and free delivery, unlimited Prime video streaming, unlimited music streaming, unlimited and secure photo storage, exclusive shopping deals, Prime Reading, early access to Lightning Deals, etc.
Now, let’s dig a bit deeper and see in detail what you get with Amazon Prime…
1. Free and Fast Delivery
As an Amazon Prime member, you can get a super-fast delivery. Here are the shipping benefits:
- Free Two-Day Delivery: Get over 100 million items with no minimum threshold, delivered within two days of shipment.
- Free Same-Day and One-Day Delivery: Get eligible orders before 9 pm the same day or 9 pm the next day. Option available on over 3 million items and in over 10,000 cities. Check for availability in your city here.
- Free 2-Hour Delivery: Available for daily essentials and groceries with Prime Now.
- Amazon Day: Select a day of the week as per your convenience and get all your orders delivered on that day. Delivery is free with no minimum order threshold.
- Amazon Key In-Car Delivery: Get secure delivery where you park – at home, at work, or near other locations in your address book. Option available only for prime members!
- Amazon Key In-Home Delivery: Get your Amazon packages delivered securely inside your home. Option available only for Prime members.
- Free Release-Date Delivery: Be among the first to get new video games, music & more. Prime members are also eligible for available pre-orders.
2. Early Access to Lightning Deals
Under Lightning Deals, Amazon offers a certain number of selected items at a discounted rate for a limited period of time.
Though Lightning Deals are not Prime exclusive, Prime members get 30-minute early access to those deals. Since Lightening Deals items sell out fast, the early access is really a big deal.
Visit Lightning Deals Page to see the items currently available for sale.
3. Unlimited Video Streaming with Prime Video
For non-Prime members, Prime Video costs $8.99/month. But for Prime members, it is available at no additional cost.
So what do you get with Amazon Prime video?
With Prime Video, You can stream from a large library of movies and TV shows for free, including Prime Originals content. You can also rent the latest releases for low prices.
Moreover, Prime members can subscribe from over 100 channels like HBO, Showtime, BritBox, Broadway HD, etc. each at reasonable prices. Check out the article on HBO on Amazon Prime and Showtime on Amazon Prime for more details.
4. Unlimited Music Streaming with Prime Music
With Prime Music, you get unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than two million songs all for free. If you listen to a lot of online music, this Prime benefit can certainly come handy.
5. Prime Student
Prime Student is not exactly a benefit of Prime members. It is in fact, a discounted Prime membership for students in some specific countries like US, UK, and Canada. In general, the students get about 50% off and also get 6-month free trial.
To know more about the cost, eligibility, and verification process please refer to the article on Amazon Prime for Students.
6. Amazon Prime Day
If you are an Amazon Prime member, then you may already know about Amazon Prime Day, which is held around mid-July every year. It is Amazon’s biggest annual shopping event with awesome deals and exciting product launches, plus live entertainment and more. It is available exclusively for Prime members.
This year Prime day is on 15 & 16 July. Visit Amazon Prime Day Page to get access to early prime offers and more.
7. Unlimited Photo Storage
With Amazon Photo, Amazon Prime members get unlimited photo storage, 5 GB of storage for videos, document, and other files for themselves. They can also invite up to five friends or family members to receive unlimited photo storage and collect photos together in the Family Vault.
8. Prime Wardrobe
Prime Wardrobe is a Prime-exclusive program where you can try the items before you actually purchase them. This benefit is available for all eligible items across women’s, men’s, kids’, and baby clothing, shoes, and accessories.
You will have 7-days to try the items at your home. After that, if you decide to keep any items, you will be charged only for those. Know more here.
9. Prime Reading
10. Audible Channel for Prime
Using Audible channel, Prime members get free access to Audible’s short-form audio programs, documentaries, serialized dramas, comedy shows, as well as a selection of exclusive ad-free podcasts.
Besides, Amazon Prime members also have access to a rotating selection of more than 50 free audiobooks.
To know more about Audible benefits for Prime members, check out this article: How does Audible work with Amazon Prime?
There are more than a dozen other benefits like Amazon Dash, Free Twitch Subscription, Amazon Fresh, Prime Pantry, Amazon First Reads, Whole Foods Market, etc. that an Amazon Prime member can enjoy.
Click Here to know more about all Amazon Prime benefits.
11. Membership Benefits Sharing with Family
You can share your Prime benefits with up to 10 members (including yourself) in your Amazon Household.
- Two Adults: Each adult needs to have their own Amazon account.
- Up to Four Teen: Age of each teen should be between 13 to 17 years.
- Up to Four Child: Suggested for children below the age of 12. Their profiles are created from an adult’s account.
Though there are certain restrictions in sharing Prime benefits, it is still highly useful and economical. Some notable Prime benefits that can be shared with the members in Amazon Household include:
- Free Prime Delivery
- Streaming access to Prime Video
- Free books with Prime Reading
- Amazon Photos and Album Sharing
- Early access to Amazon Lightning Deals
- Unlimited listening to Audible Channels
- eBooks, audiobooks, apps and games sharing on Kindle and other Amazon devices
Visit Amazon Household Page to know more about Amazon household and other benefits that can be shared.
If you want to use this feature, here’s an illustrated guide to set-up your Amazon Household. Though the guide is meant for Audible benefits sharing, the steps are the same for Prime benefits sharing too.
12. Free Twitch Subscription (Twitch Prime)
If you love playing games, then you probably know about Twitch already. It is somewhat like YouTube except with real-time live-streamed gameplay rather than pre-recorded videos. Twitch started as a platform for watching gaming tournaments and other events, but has since evolved into so much more.
With Twitch Prime, you get discounts on games, additional in-game content and ad-free viewing of Twitch streams. You can also subscribe to your favorite Twitch channel at no extra cost.
Besides, every month, certain commercial games are made free to download!
Apart from these, there are some more benefits like Amazon Dash, Amazon Fresh, Prime Pantry, Amazon First Reads, Whole Foods Market, etc. that an Amazon Prime member can enjoy.
So, all these benefits are what you get with Amazon Prime Membership. I hope this article was helpful to you.
If you have any further queries on the benefits of Amazon Prime, please share it in the comment section below. I would be glad to answer them as best as I can.